Even though the Google Nexus 5 is running in Android 4.4 Kitkat, there’re some users who want to install the custom ROM on their phones. For helping them, we’re explaining the tips for flashing the OmniROM Android 4.4 Nightly on Google Nexus 5.
Here’re the tips for flashing the OmniROM Android 4.4 Nightly on Google Nexus 5:-
- Download the latest version of the custom ROM from here – Download Now.
- Now you’ve to download Google Apps for this Custom ROM – Download Now.
- Using the USB cable, connect your phone (Nexus 5) with your computer. Then copy paste the files (don’t unzip; which you’ve downloaded) to your phone’s internal storage.
– Disconnect your device from the computer.
- Switch OFF your device.
- Go to CWM Recovery Mode.
– Press and hold on Volume buttons, Home button and Power button till you see the CWM Recovery Mode.
- Create a backup as you see in my previous article “Nexus 5’s”.
- Now, you must apply the Factory Reset.
- This is the time for flashing the OmniROM Android 4.4 Kitkat Nightly on your Google Nexus 5; for that:-
-Select the ‘install zip from sdcard’, also select the ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the file, which you’ve copied before.
- Repeat the same steps and install the Goole Apps custom ROM.
- After completing both installations, Reboot your device.
- Wait till you see your normal homescreen in your phone. After all, Go and enter your Google Account details.
That’s it. Now, you’re using a custom Android 4.4 KitKat OS on your Google Nexus 5 phone.